Recipe: Hot & Cool Wing Sandwich
Happy National Hot & Spicy Food Day! While we're on the ground at Big Feastival this weekend, we couldn't help but share a recipe that is perfect for camping, tailgating, whatever your adventure. The Hot & Cool Wing Sandwich- a #150BunsofSummer favourite- is the perfect combination of spicy and creamy elements, leaving the mouth dazzled in it's wake of harmony.
8 D’Italiano® Original Crustini Hamburger Buns
1 lb. deboned chicken wings (or 3 large wings per sandwich) from Maple Lodge Farms
75 g. crumbled blue cheese
1 ½ cups of your favourite classic hot sauce
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp. of honey
Freshly ground pepper
- Combine marinade ingredients and separate into two bowls. Toss chicken wings in first bowl, and reserve second bowl of marinade for later.
- Grill chicken wings over high heat, skin side down.
- Grill D’Italiano® Original Crustini Hamburger Buns over high heat to create grill marks.
- For extra sauce and spice, brush the cooked chicken wings with the reserved hot sauce marinade.
- Build sandwich with the grilled bun, topping it with three or more chicken wings and blue cheese crumbles.