Recipe: Maple Bacon Spiraled Dogs
Go, Blue Jays, go! Tonight, they face-off against the Cleveland Indians. Funnily enough, the Toronto Raptors are also mid-spar with the Cleveland Cavaliers (hi, Lebron). Sports! I do know a bit about what's going on. We're off to a slower start with the Toronto Blue Jays this year, but that doesn't mean it's any less of a party getting out to a game, or watching/bbq-ing from home. Last year, I made it out to a few games and even got the pleasure of seeing a best friend's fiancee play against the Jays, for the Houston Astros. Hopefully, we are all this lucky this year!
With inspiration from the Blue Jays, I bring you the Maple Bacon Spiralized Dog! On a Wonder™️ Ball Park Classics Hot Dog Buns for another #150BunsofSummer recipe, we have a bacon-wrapped hot dog that has been grilled and seared in with maples flavours. For toppings, of course, you can go nuts but my preferred accoutrements would be dijon mustard, diced white onion and tomato.
- WonderTM Ball Park Classics Hot Dog Buns
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- Hot sauce
- Dijon mustard
- Pour maple syrup on a plate and coat the bacon strips in syrup, one at a time.
- Wrap a bacon slice around each hot dog, keeping the ends tucked in. Use a toothpick if you need to, to keep everything together.
- Grill the bacon-wrapped hotdogs until the bacon is crispy.
- Nestle each cooked hotdog in a WonderTM Ball Park Classics Hot Dog Bun, and top with whatever you like!
In partnership with Weston Bakeries.