5 Tips For A Tasty Super Bowl Spread In 5 Minutes
The Super Bowl is coming. You want to host a little gathering at your place, but the pressure! Well, hold up, because this is a joyous occasion and it should be enjoyed as such. As long as the TV is on and the crowd is good, you'll be more than fine. But to ease any residual stress, we at ToFoodies have partnered up with Sabra (The Official Dip of the NFL, cough, no big deal) to bring you some tasty tips that will bring you Five Minutes to a Tasty Super Bowl.
- Know Yourself - Do you want a sleep-in on Superbowl Sunday AM? Is every minute of the game and/or the halftime show a Can't Miss Moment? Know yourself and plan accordingly! Do your vegetable washing and chopping the day before. Free yourself by grabbing the Sabra Classic Guacamole instead of risking a serious avocado hand injury as you race to the goal line.
- Know Your Guests - Have something for everyone! Nowadays, it's worthwhile to put the ask out there if anyone has dietary concerns, and menu plan accordingly. Sabra products are Gluten-free, Vegetarian, Vegan, AND Kosher so unless there's a chickpea allergy in the house, you're pretty much in the clear.
- Make a Party of your Prep - Don't be stressed. Enjoy the process of party planning. It can be intimidating for some, but it can be really fun if you lean into. Throw on some music and groove while you set up your grazing stations (more on that in a second). Invite a couple friends for the early crew, so you have a couple extra seconds to catch up, or a great second opinion on the party playlist.
- Let the People Graze - The great thing about a grazing station is you can keep adding to it, replenishing it and you don’t have to worry about everything being perfect as soon as everyone walks in the door. Anchor the grazing stations with dips your guests know and love like Roasted Pine Nut Hummus, Classic or Roasted Garlic Hummus, but feel free to go wild and lean into a theme with new flavours like Taco Fiesta Hummus or Basil Pesto Hummus. Just whip off the lids, open some chips, and you can still add those baby carrots etc. as your guest filter in.
- Self-Serve Customization is Your Best Friend - Speaking of a grazing bar, let your guests help themselves! For example, go with a nacho bar and put out whole bunch of toppings in individual bowls. It's super fun to see how everyone customizes their own plates, trying each other's combinations, contrast and compare. Interactivity gets the people together!
Of course, we had to test out our own theories so we tried things out ourselves in the ToFoodies Test Kitchen. We took inspiration from the authentic Mediterranean recipe of Sabra hummus to create our own Mediterranean Nacho Bar with ingredients like tortilla chips, tomatoes, zucchini, olives, peperonicinis chilis, feta cheese, kale, and grilled chicken breast alongside the Sabra Classic Guacamole, Taco Fiesta Hummus, Classic Hummus, Roasted Pine Nut Hummus and Caramelized Onion Hummus. The combinations were endless!
Feel free to lay out the same kinda of spread at your Superbowl Sunday, but you can also mix in your own favourite veggies, cheeses, dips and meats. Keep your plate as a little dip party, or get melty by popping the nacho creations in the oven! Here's what was in our spread, tell us what's on yours!
Photos by Danielle Finestone, Rachel Swinden and Vivian Kong.
In Partnership with Sabra.