Recipe: ReuBUN Sandwich
Happy National Pickle Month! I love a good pickle, and it is always great to have one alongside a good ol' Sammy. To keep the #150BunsofSummer good times rollin'... Here is an awesome, classic recipe for a ReuBUN sandwich. Emphasis on that sweet, sweet toasty bun.
- 4 D’Italiano® Original Crustini Hamburger Buns
- 10 slices of corned beef
- 10 slices of Swiss cheese
- 1 cup of sauerkraut
- Sliced dill pickles
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. pickle juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Wrap corned beef slices in tin foil with a little water; then steam in the oven by baking at 350°F.
- For the Russian dressing, combine mayo, lemon juice, pickle juice, Worcestershire sauce and salt & pepper in a bowl, then set aside.
- Build sandwich on D’Italiano® Original Crustini Hamburger Bun by layering Swiss cheese, corned beef, sauerkraut, more cheese and then adding the top bun, already smeared with Russian dressing.
- On a flat-top grill, grill sandwich on low heat and use a metal bowl to cover the sandwich to help the cheese melt. Once the flattop is hot, add a squirt of water under the bowl to further steam the sandwich.
- Remove from flat top and serve with a side of sliced pickles.
In collaboration with Weston Bakeries.