Recipe: Nutty French Toast Ice Cream Sandwich
What a time to be alive! We're ready for the weekend, Canada Day is coming up, so what better time to introduce an ice cream sammy? This one in particular is special because the sandwich element (the buns) have been converted into little french toasts!!! The warm and the cold elements go so well together. I also like this recipe, because you can go as nutty or chocolatey as you want. Have a different favourite nut? It probably works in this recipe, too! Want to go crazy with a colourful gelato or sorbet? Still going to be delicious!
• 8 WonderTM WhiteHamburger Buns
• 1 tsp. of cinnamon
• 2 eggs
• Maple walnut icecream
• 1/2 cup of choppedalmonds
• 1/2 cup of choppedwalnuts
• 1 cup of semi-sweetchocolate chips
1. Whip eggs and cinnamon together forFrench toast batter. Then dip WonderTMWhite Hamburger Buns in batter, oneside at a time, and fry each bun untilgolden-brown.
2. Melt chocolate chips in a heat safebowl, sitting atop a pot of boiling water.
3. Scoop ice cream into balls and put inthe freezer for 10 minutes, so they holdtheir form.
4. Combine nuts on a plate and roll the icecream balls in the nuts, so they'recoated.
5. To build sandwich, start with the bottomFrench toast bun, top with nutty icecream ball, drizzle with chocolate andtop with the second French toast bun.
In partnership with Weston Bakeries.