What a time to be alive! We’re ready for the weekend, Canada Day is coming up, so what better time to introduce an ice cream sammy? This one in particular is special because the sandwich element (the buns) have been converted into little french toasts!!! The warm and the cold elements go so well together. I also like this recipe, because you can go as nutty or chocolatey as you want. Have a different favourite nut? It probably works in this recipe, too! Want to go crazy with a colourful gelato or sorbet? Still going to be delicious!
• 8 WonderTM White Hamburger Buns
• 1 tsp. of cinnamon
• 2 eggs
• Maple walnut ice cream
• 1/2 cup of chopped almonds
• 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
• 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Whip eggs and cinnamon together for French toast batter. Then dip WonderTM White Hamburger Buns in batter, one side at a time, and fry each bun until golden-brown.
2. Melt chocolate chips in a heat safe bowl, sitting atop a pot of boiling water.
3. Scoop ice cream into balls and put in the freezer for 10 minutes, so they hold their form.
4. Combine nuts on a plate and roll the ice cream balls in the nuts, so they’re coated.
5. To build sandwich, start with the bottom French toast bun, top with nutty ice cream ball, drizzle with chocolate and top with the second French toast bun.
In partnership with Weston Bakeries.